How to execute process engine from another web project

I am new to flowable . I want to call a method(from maven project) which contains Process Engine creation and execution code from my web(servlet-jsp) projects class but I am getting exception below:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [com.util.TransitionServlet] in context with path [/UIflowable] threw exception [Servlet execution threw an exception] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.flowable.engine.impl.cfg.StandaloneProcessEngineConfiguration
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1928)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1771)

Hello,

Make sure that flowable-engine is available in the classpath. Are you using maven for managing dependencies? I would suggest at least doing that, or even better, go for the spring boot approach.

While not a direct answer to your question, I created a simple flowable/jhipster integration example project that may help you get where you need to be. You can find it here: https://github.com/gdharley/jhipster-flowable.

It covers the maven dependency, security and integration of the spring-boot flowable engine.

A little old (created a year ago) but should help.