Maven project using flowable api, but against a tomcat installation

Hello everyone, I am in need of expanding some functionalities of flowable and for that I need to be able to create a maven project, where I use the flowable api but instead of starting an standalone process engine I would need to connect it to the tomcat server where an installation of flowable is already running.
Viewing the documentation explains how to start a process engine but not how to connect to a running instance (or at least I did not find it)

Getting Started · Flowable Open Source Documentation

, is it possible ?, or do I just need to access the same database schema?

Specifically I want to use the Instance and Task Query Service to search only those started by a specific user group. I can’t do this with the rest api, mainly because I can’t send a list of initiators as a parameter (like “startUserIdIn”) of https://flowable.com/open-source/docs/bpmn/ch15-REST/#query-for-historic-process-instances

Notes:

• I normally use the api rest, but in this case it does not meet what I need (specific queries to the started process instances)
  • The architecture I have is a tomcat server where a complete installation of Flowable 6.1.2 runs on a postgress database.

any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

Flowable provides a set of Spring Boot starters to help you embed the different engines (i.e., BPMN, DMN and CMMN) and to expose their RESTful APIs.

See: Flowable OAuth2 Resource Server

The Flowable Spring Boot starters take advantage of Spring Boot’s support for externalised configuration:

spring.main.banner-mode=off
spring.jpa.open-in-view=false

server.port=3001

# Logging
logging.level.root=INFO
logging.level.org.hibernate.SQL=DEBUG
logging.level.org.hibernate.type.descriptor.sql.BasicBinder=TRACE
logging.level.org.springframework.security=DEBUG
# logging.level.org.flowable=DEBUG

# Spring Security OAuth2 Resource Server
spring.security.oauth2.resourceserver.jwt.jwk-set-uri=http://localhost:10001/auth/realms/development/protocol/openid-connect/certs

# Spring Data REST
spring.data.rest.base-path: /api

# Spring JPA
spring.datasource.driver-class-name=org.h2.Driver
spring.datasource.url=jdbc:h2:~/h2/serendipity;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;AUTO_SERVER_PORT=9091;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
spring.datasource.username=admin
spring.datasource.password=secret
spring.jpa.database-platform=org.hibernate.dialect.H2Dialect
# spring.jpa.hibernate.ddl-auto=create-drop
# spring.jpa.hibernate.ddl-auto=update
spring.jpa.hibernate.ddl-auto=none