How can I debug the application UI

I want to see, how the app interacts with the back end, rest and spring, but I was unable to debug the ui, any idea of how to do this?

Im a java developer I dont know about Node.js any help wold be apreciateda.

Best regards from Mexico

Hi,

The UI apps are using a Java REST backend and an Angular JS frontend. No Node.js is needed. The REST services are using Spring MVC and the actual logic is delegated to the service layer with plain Java logic. The persistence layer is using MyBatis. You can find the Angular JS code in the -app modules like flowable-ui-modeler-app in the src/main/webapp folder.

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi Tijs,

Currently the flowable modeler and app is using flowable-idm for single-sign on. If i want to ask flowable modeler and app to use another single-sign on service, where should i change the code? I think the change needs to happen in angular.js and backend spring MVC but not sure where…

Thanks.

nizam

Hi Nizam,

There are 2 approaches to implement another single-sign on service. The easiest I think is to change the Flowable IDM app and override the IdmIdentityService with your own implementation. If you would like to do it in the Modeler then you would need to change the SecurityConfiguration in flowable-ui-modeler-conf and maybe change the FlowableCookieFilter implementation (flowable-ui-common).

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi Tijs,

Can you specify the pros and cons of each approach. What decision I should make to choose one over the other…

Thanks

nizam

Hi Nizam,

The cleanest approach is changing the Flowable IDM app I think. The IdmIdentityService is pluggable and a good interface to implement the integration with another single-sign-on solution. If you would do it directly in the Modeler that would work as well, but you would need to do it for the admin and task app again.

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi Tijs,

Thanks for your reply. I think i go for 1st approach as it only requires changing IdmIdentityService in one place. The nice thing about this approach is because how authentication is done in flowable-idm is totally decoupled from the rest of the apps. Then authentications for other applications like modeler, admin and task will remain as there are…

nizam