Disable DB creation on Flowable war

I created the FLowable DB from the SQL on flowable site for the embedded app. I would like to use the Designer WAR together with the embedded app, deploying it to Tomcat and set it to use same DB. How do I disable DB creation. I think I managed to turn off hibernate auto-dll but now I am running problems of it trying to apply Liquibase change sets.

So, how do I configure flowable-default.properties to use existing db, not trying to create/update it ?

Settings:
databaseSchemaUpdate=false
spring.jpa.hibernate.ddl-auto=none
spring.liquibase.enabled=false

Do not seem to help.

use flowable.databaseSchemaUpdate=none instead of databaseSchemaUpdate=false

Hi mike06,

Also if you configure programmatically your Flowable engine as we do, you may want to use the ProcessEngineConfiguration.setDatabaseSchemaUpdate method.

Vincent

vincz, Thanks but that is total opposite of what I want. I have embedded the Engine into our application using programmatic configuration BUT that is not a problem. Problem is that I also want to SEPARATELY deploy the flowable-modeler.war from flowable ZIP/war separately and configure that to use the same database. SO it is two separate Liquibase / SQL create / hibernate instances of those two separate applications conflicting.
I have the embedded app up and running with DB created manyally from provided SQL create scripts.
And NOW I and to also deploy the Modeller WAR and have that use same DB.

@mike06 the flowable-modeler.war uses its own data tables and does not reuse any of the engine tables.

This means that you can connect it to the same database without problems. However, there is no property that will disallow the creation of the Flowable Modeler DB tables. We also do not provide SQL scripts for the Modeler tables, so not sure how you created them and how it is conflicting.

Cheers,
Filip

@filiphr I am trying to understand the Flowable contexts specially via the REST API but I feel I am losing my mind .

What is the difference between app-api, process-api and forms API in REST ?
And what is the deal with each having separate deployments. I feel I slipped into alternative reality. I though I read the documentation until the end of BPMN section.

Each engine has it’s own context path: app-api → app engine, process-api → process engine, form-api → form engine, etc.

Each engine has it’s own set of services: repository service, runtime service, etc. Each engine can run standalone, which means that you can deploy artefacts for a specific engine to that engine only.

See Flowable Open Source Documentation · Reference and User Guides, section ‘Guides’: there is documentation for each engine.

Thanks.

Although there is no section for the app-api. Word “application” in documentation seems to just refer to the war packages of the engines and the UI. for them.