Allow to export .form definition from modeler UI

hello, flowable-modeler allows to download .bpmn definition by clicking ‘download’ button on process-definition screen (that button links to URI /flowable-modeler/app/rest/models/<process_definition_id>/bpmn20?version=<timestamp_millis>).

It would be very convenient to have similar ‘download/export’ button on form-overview screen, instead of querying ACT_FO_FORM_RESOURCE table in SQL client for RESOURCE_BYTES_.

1 Like

hi,
thanks for your reply,
i need to get the form properties dynamically when user click their task before they complete it.
I used “formService.getRenderedTaskForm”, but it warns me “Form with formKey ‘createGeneralWorkOrderForm’ does not exist”.And the form really exist.

Hi,

You can use the getFormModelByKey method in the FormRepositoryService (part of the flowable-form-api and flowable-form-engine modules). This will return the form definition in a Java POJO model.

Best regards,

Tijs

@tijs are you considering to add ‘export’ button to end-user UI that just links to corresponding API call ?

Yep, i realized that, but i cant injected FormRepositoryServicein anyway.Then i usedSQL` to resolved it.:rofl:
Thanks a lot.

@n0mer Yes that’s something that would be good to add to the UI indeed.

Best regards,

Tijs