Mail client integration (IMAP, SMTP)

Hello. We are looking for the possibility to fill-in Flowable forms based on incoming emails. After reading the documentation, I do not see any mention of Mail integration other than sending outgoing notifications. Please let me know if this is in any way possible?

Hi Jan,

You can create a service to fetch and parse emails. After that you can add a service task node to the model and create variables from the parsed email to the process instance.

Regards
Martin

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your feedback. I will explore this option further. Do I understand correctly, that at the moment there is no build-in feature in Flowable similar to Activiti’s IMAP service?

Jan,

I did not find anything about IMAP service in the activiti doc. ( I did not have a look on the activiti source code for a while so may be something was added recently)
if you mean https://www.activiti.org/userguide/#bpmnEmailTask the possibilities in Activiti and Flowable are the same.

Regards
Martin

Hi Martin,
The IMAP email integration (incoming + outgoing) was offered as a feature of “paid” solution, I believe as Activiti Enterprise. I searched the online documentation and indeed I cannot see such functionality mentioned. Anyhow, thank you again for your help.

Jan