How to configure Email for Email Task in Flowable Modeler UI

Hi,

I am getting started with Flowable and currently using the Flowable Modeler.

I have deployed the Flowable war files in the Webapps folder of Apache to work. Now I want to setup an email task in one of the process. Below are my queries,

1. Where is the file or if it is from the UI where I can provide my email credentials in order to use an account to send the emails.

2. Can I configure an email with a dummy gmail account and send mails from that account.

Here’s the relevant section of the docs

You can add an application.properties (or application.yml) to the libs folder of your Tomcat installation or update flowable-default.properties in webaps/[application]/WEB-INF/classes. In either case you’ll need to add the flowable.mail.server properties for your email setup.

Gmail can be kind of painful to setup for use as an SMTP server. It may be easier to use something like sendpulse.com, but if you want to use GMail you’ll need to setup an app password

Hi Thanks for the response. I have tried the solution configured the below in the application.properties file under the Lib folder of the Apache.

# FlowableMailProperties
flowable.mail.host=mail.filmejhol.com
flowable.mail.port=587
flowable.mail.username=hello@filmejhol.com
flowable.mail.password=****
flowable.mail.properties.mail.smtp.starttls.enable=false
flowable.mail.properties.mail.smtp.starttls.required=false
flowable.mail.properties.mail.smtp.auth=true

But unfortunately the email is not being sent. As per your suggestion, I am not using gmail and instead using my website’s domain email using the details I configured my outlook. Itried the credentails as well in case I made a mistake there. I also didn’t find anything useful in the Logs as well. (searched the Apache -> Logs). Anything I might be missing? Please let me know.

It looks like your missing the word server in each of your keys (flowable.mail.server.host, flowable.mail.server.port, etc)

Mine uses yaml and looks like this (I set up an app password):

flowable:
  mail:
    server:
      default-from: ****@gmail.com
      host: smtp.gmail.com
      username: ****@gmail.com
      password: ****
      port: 587
      use-tls: true

Will

While the engines are the same and many properties are similar, this forum is intended for the open source version of the apps. We try not to answer enterprise questions here, to prevent confusion for the open source only users.

If you are using the enterprise trial, you may ask questions on the enterprise forum Flowable Enterprise Forum - Flowable Enterprise Forum. If you have a current license, you can contact your sales rep for assistance.

Will