Flowable Email Activity

Hi,

I am trying to use Flowable email activity , can anybody in this forum can help me in Tomcat server what and all configuration is needed to make Gmail server to work?
Beow properties are configured in flowable-default.properties.

flowable.mail.server.smtp.auth=true
flowable.mail.server.use.tls=true
flowable.mail.server.smtp.starttls.enable=true
flowable.mail.server.host=smtp.gmail.com
flowable.mail.server.port=587
flowable.mail.server.username=ABC@gmail.com
flowable.mail.server.password=PASSWORD

getting below error:

Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

Can you please help me what more is required?

Waiting for the response!

-Santosh

Gmail requires 2 factor authentication on all of their accounts. You can get around it by setting up an app password for your account. This may be the course of your issues.

Will

Hey Santosh,

Looking at the properties it seems like they are wrong. You have the following:

Did you write this properties by yourself or you copied them from somewhere?

This should instead be

flowable.mail.server.use-tls=true
flowable.mail.server.use-ssl=true

Cheers,
Filip

Thanks wwit for the update.
You mean i need change any setting in my Gmail account to make it work?

Thanks,
Santosh

@filiphr’s answer is probably more correct than mine. But gmail specifically requires some setup to permit you to authenticate without going to their web interface. There used to be an “allow less secure applications” option but now you need to set up an app password if you want to authenticate directly to gmail like this. This is the first result on a google search, and the instructions are correct:

Thank you filiphr for the update!

Now i have configured below mentioned properties and tested,

Now i am getting different error.

Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 534-5.7.9 Application-specific password required. Learn more at
534 5.7.9 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor a26sm6005399lfg.50 - gsmtp

and in configuration i have configured my Gmail account email ID and password. Do I need to configure something else? or if any other configuration needed to make it work?

flowable.mail.server.username=abc@gmail.com
flowable.mail.server.password=Password

Waiting for your response!
Thanks in advance.

Santosh

Thank you wwit for the update.

Ya both filiphr and your comments were helpfull and now i have configure App password as well and I am able to send email.

Thank you so much for the Great quick support!

Many Thanks!

Hey wwitt, I have couple of queries posted in forum before, if you can add your comments on those it would be really great!

Thanks in advance!

-Santosh

Hey filiphr,
Thank you for your great support! Now i have configured gmail app password and now its working!

Many thanks!

i have couple of queries posted in forum as below, if would be really great if you can add your comments.

Thanks in advance!