Using Flowable as an embedded workflow

I have an existing JSF application and I shall need to use some workflow to automate tasks. Some information about the application.
As I said it is an ADF (JSF) application and uses an Oracle database to store the data.
I have created the application, which means that I have data entry forms, task lists, users, security etc.
I need to integrate Flowable with minimal changes to the existing application, so the questions are:

1. Could Flowable be embedded? If yes, then how this is done as a library of as a service. which runs on the server? What are the CPU/memory requirements to run Flowable as a service?
  2. Could Flowable work with Oracle database as data backend?
  3. In order not to change the existing application, I shall need from the Flowable the following data:
    State (where is the task now), eligible Activities (like Approve, Reject, Deny) available to my application.
    Task list per user, so I could build my task list.
    Are these items doable?

Could Flowable be embedded? If yes, then how this is done as a library of as a service. which runs on the server? What are the CPU/memory requirements to run Flowable as a service?

Yes, e.g. put flowable as a dependency to your project instantiate engine and use java interface. To see an example have a look on flowable-ui-task module in flowable source.
CPU requirements - it depends on the application, but flowable is lightweight engine.

Could Flowable work with Oracle database as data backend?

Yes.

Are these items doable?

Yes, have a look on flowable-task app.

Regards
Martin

Thanks Martin for the quick response, what about the tasklist? Could I use my tasklist? So i need to have a list of task which the user is working on as well as all task details, such as the state, assigned users, acquired user and actions available on task, such as approve, deny, cancel etc.

task list

1 Like