Setting my deserializer causes ui-app docker not to start

Hi

I’m using the Flowable-ui docker to run my apps (configured it to work against my mysqldb).
I’m running a springboot application with the flowable engine - and all is working fine.

But now - i had to override the json deserializer in order to perform json-schema validation for my incoming events.

In my inbound channel config file i added the following:
“deserializerDelegateExpression”: “{flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer}", "payloadExtractorDelegateExpression":"{flowerJsonFieldToMapPayloadExtractor}”,

And everything works fine - my deserializer is working as expected - and flow run correctly.

But - when i stop my app docker - and try to restart it - it fails to restart with following error:
org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: Unknown property used in expression: ${flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer}

Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
Inbal

How are you adding your bean ‘flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer’ to the docker container in the first place? How are you configuring the engine configuration?

Thanks for replying
I have the UI Apps running on a docker against my mysqldb - using the rest api that runs as part of the flowable-ui docker. (i’m thinking maybe this is the problem - maybe i should make the UI work against the rest api exposed by my springboot app instead ?)

My springboot app runs against the same db.
In my springboot app i created the flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer & flowerJsonFieldToMapPayloadExtractor both are spring components.

In my inbound channel file i configured the channel to use those:
{
“key”: “flowerInboundChannel”,
“name”: “Flower Inbound Channel”,
“description”: “Flower Inbound Channel”,
“channelType”: “inbound”,
“type”: “rabbit”,
“deserializerType”: “expression”,
“deserializerDelegateExpression”: “{flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer}", "payloadExtractorDelegateExpression":"{flowerJsonFieldToMapPayloadExtractor}”,
“channelEventKeyDetection”: {
“jsonField”: “msgKey”
},
“queues”: [“flowerEventsQueue”]
}

And indeed they are called when events arrive on the channel.

Problem is that if i stop the UI app docker and try to start it again - i get the following error:
org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: Unknown property used in expression: ${flowerJsonWithValidatorDeserializer}

Will appreciate any advice on this one
Thanks
Inbal