Problems Reusing Instance Variables

The Person field searches for the first_ + last_ attribute of the act_id_group table, but stores the id_ attribute in the run variable.
The Group of People field searches for the name_ attribute, but stores the id_ attribute in the run variable.
So when reusing one of these form fields the value shown is the ID and not the description of the Person or Group name.
The date field is selected in the format d-M-yyyy, but when reused it is displayed in the format yyyy-mm-yy.
Is this a BUG? Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Hi,

The person and group field get correctly stored with the id value to my opinion. But when reusing it should show correctly of course, not only the id value. Same goes for the date field, the format should stay the same.

Best regards,

Tijs

Any suggestions on how to solve this?
Would it be the case file on the github an issue?

Hi,
I encountered the issue with People and Groups a few days ago.

The People/Groups field is also broken when it is reused as its not actually possible to complete the task without making changes. An error is returned from flowable-task. To workaround the person/Group must be removed and re-added again. If a number of users/Groups are on the same form this is very annoying.

I have been working on a fix in flowable-task app and can create a pull request when I am done.

Regards,
Paul

Very good.
The problem is exactly this! The People and Groups field is not returned when reused, because the ID of these fields is stored as an instance variable and when reused the ID is returned instead of the Person or Group description.
I could not find how to solve this situation. I will hope that it will, because it is a very important resource.

Hi,

With the 6.1.0 release (now available on Github and shortly available on the website), the date field and the people and group field now work fine when reused. This has been fixed yesterday and today.

Best regards,

Tijs

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks @tijs for getting this fixed before the new release. I’ll try it out later today.

In version 6.1 the reuse is working, but the Person field is no longer working using the “initiator” value in the field ID if the form is in the start activity, only if the form is in an activity after the start event.

If there is more than 1 component of the Group of People type, only the second is returned with the reuse of the variable.

Hi,

The start form can not have worked with the initiator value before, there’s not running process instance yet, so there’s no way to know the initiator value at that point.

Could you create an issue for the 2 fields of group of people type case?

Best regards,

Tijs