New types of form fields for layouting

Hi guys,

I have created two new types of form fields to get the forms a little bit more structured. So if someone would like to use this fields too I will implement it in the regarding flowable eclipse project an create a PR.

The elements are just quite simple and consists of a spacer and a horizontal line.

new_form_fields

Greetings,
Thomas

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Always good to have additional field types. So if you can create a PR that would be great.

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi tijs,

I will implement them as soon as possible an create a PR. :slight_smile:

Greetings,
Thomas

Hi tijs,

I have implemented the new form field types an created a PR.

Preview:
form_fields_preview

Greeting,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the PR!
It’s now merged to master.

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi tijs,

thank you! I just created a new PR, cause I forgot to add the CSS styles for the horizontal line :slight_smile:

Greetings,
Thomas

Tho its beyond my ability, id love to see support for columns and placement inside grids. “pretty formatting” is one if the biggest requests i have from customers on any form.

1 Like

Hi Nurb432,

if I have got time I will think about implementing more complex types. But actually I haven’t got enough time to realize it.

The next type or types I have planned to implement are different types of headlines.

For starting or prototyping the built-in forms are pretty useful. But if you need more complex forms I would recommend to build these forms with another techonology.

Greetings
Thomas

Yes, building externally is how things will get done, just would be nice to have a ‘integrated’ solution and keep it all in one place.