How build and deploy Flowable-Enginee src?

hello,

i got flowable-engine from github. How can i build and deploy local server and debug project?

i have to find which class contain flowable icon(id=“site-logo”) and can i make parametric thats part?

Ekran%20Al%C4%B1nt%C4%B1s%C4%B12

Here are some blogs about building Flowable:

thank you dbmalkovsky, i tried [How to build Flowable from source (Windows 10)] . install mvn, git,git get project from GIT.
when i try run this comment ```
cd distro
ant

i got errror. 

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Egemen_Alan\git\flowable-engine\distro\build.xml:37: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "mvn.bat" (in directory "C:\Users\Egemen_Alan\git\flowable-engine"): CreateProcess error=2,

In answer to your other question about logos there is no parameter available. Your best alternative is to edit the files where the logo is defined and redeploy:

• flowable-ui-admin/flowable-ui-admin-app/src/main/resources/static/styles/style.css line 112
  • flowable-ui-admin/flowable-ui-admin-app/src/main/resources/static/styles/style.css line 879
  • flowable-ui-idm/flowable-ui-idm-app/src/main/resources/static/index.html line 44
  • flowable-ui-modeler/flowable-ui-modeler-app/src/main/resources/static/index.html line 51
  • flowable-ui-task/flowable-ui-task-app/src/main/resources/static/index.html line 45
  • flowable-ui-task/flowable-ui-task-app/src/main/resources/static/workflow/index.html line 31

Please remember that the open source UI apps are example applications as the majority of the effort is placed on the engine.

If you or the community would like to make improvements like the parameterization of the logo image PRs are always welcome.

Thank you David, you explain so clear. my questions,

1. can i debug flowable-engine?
  2. i am asking about logos, i have to customize logo for all my customer. for example, for google, i have to chance flowable logo to google logo etc. --> Your best alternative is to edit the files where the logo is defined and redeploy, this is only one way?
  3. what is PR?

thank you so much for your time.

addition,

can i make parametric of the logo image in index.html?

Thank you David, you explain so clear. my questions,

1. can i debug flowable-engine?
  2. i am asking about logos, i have to customize logo for all my customer. for example, for google, i have to chance flowable logo to google logo etc. --> Your best alternative is to edit the files where the logo is defined and redeploy, this is only one way?
  3. what is PR?

thank you so much for your time.

1. There are many different types of debugging. If you are looking at debugging a process then look at something like this blog. There are also discussions on the forum about debugging.

2. Yes that is the only way currently short of replacing all occurrences of flowable-logo.png with your own image. Which will very well be confusing to anyone looking at the code later.

3. PR => Pull Request. It is a way to suggest and provide changes to open source projects. You might want to read this article about pull requests. And then there is this article about contributing to Flowable.

thank you so much David. i ll try.
1 more questin here sorry about this.
can i chance contex(flowable-dmn,flowable-medeler) from URL? like a …-modeler or just modeler?

To solve it:

1. Go to the Maven installation folder
  2. Go to bin
  3. Make sure you can see file extensions
  4. Duplicate mvn.cmd and mvnDebug.cmd and rename those copies to have the extension .bat
  5. Try building the project now
1 Like