Error on startup of self-managed app

Hi there,

I downloaded and installed the self-managed app as I want to do some local tests on my business machine. I’m working in a very restricted environment - that’s why I cannot make use of the cloud versions. So, I thougt using the self-managed app will be usable for my tests.

However, I get startup errors due to elastic-search component issues on startup. From catalina.log:
24-Nov-2023 17:08:02.455 INFORMATION [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deploying web application archive [C:\Tools\flowable\tomcat\webapps\flowable-work.war]
24-Nov-2023 17:08:50.288 SCHWERWIEGEND [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Fehler beim Deployen des Web-Applikationsarchivs [C:\Tools\flowable\tomcat\webapps\flowable-work.war]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error starting child

and:
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘elasticsearchCompatibility’ defined in class path resource [com/flowable/autoconfigure/indexing/IndexingAutoConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: Could not retrieve Elasticsearch version information. One possible reason could be that ES is not accessible. See root cause

finally:
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
at org.elasticsearch.client.RestClient.extractAndWrapCause(RestClient.java:932)

Does this mean, the self-managed app still needs some cloud-access to work properly?

That would be a no-go for my environment… any hints/work-arounds/solutions to this?

Best regards!