Trying to deploy flowable-rest.war

Hi! I’m new using Flowable and im following the flowable open source documentation. Getting Started · Flowable Open Source Documentation

Im not able to deploy the flowable-rest.war on my Tomcat 9 server. Its a fresh install.
When i try to run the war file this error is displayed (sorry the first part is in spanish):

FALLO - No se pudo arrancar la aplicación en trayectoria de contexto [/flowable-rest]
FALLO - Encontrada excepción [org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/flowable-rest]]]

Translation to english:
ERROR - Unable to start application in context path [/flowable-rest]
ERROR - Found exception [org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/flowable-rest]]]

I think the error is the JAVA version, my version is the 1.8.0_342

Thank you!

Hi,

isn’t there any other loggig that could explain the error?

Regards,

Yvo

I dont know, i dont have experience with Tomcat

Hi

you were able to get these 2 log lines somewhere… right?
Was that all that was logged?

Yvo

Hi yvo,

Yes, thats all the logs that i can read in the Tomcat UI when i try to run the flowable-rest.war

Thank you

There should be more logs. Check the /logs folder of tomcat, it should contain all logs.

For what its worth im having the same issues with latest OpenSource version of the war files. In my logs its talking about a read only file system of a default tomcat folder when H2 is starting, not the one that tomcat is installed in. After that its a cascade of errors, with luck all due to no db.

I have not yet had time to look into it for more details, but that might help someone else on this thread.

( it complains about /var/lib/tomcat but mine is installed in /var/lib/tomcat9 . Debian 11 system )

Might just change things to use a real DB, if sorting H2 out becomes too much trouble.

Just a quick update, i went in and manually installed tomcat instead of using packages, and it works.