Alfresco Enterprise and Flowable(OpenSource) integration

Hi,

I want to use the Flowable UI application integrated with Alfresco enterprise. So that the users can create BPM on their own. I could not find any documentation to achieve this. Please let me know is this possible?

Regards,
Shamran100

Just a suggestion, but it might be worth looking at your Alfresco Enterprise agreement (subscription) to see if it invalidates the support / warranty before investing a lot of time in ripping and replacing the workflow engine. To my knowledge Flowable is not on their supported stack.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know, this integration process will not violate the support contract with Alfresco enterprise. Do you have any idea how we can achieve the integration to use the Flowable UI with Alfresco enterprise?

Regards,
Shamran100

Hi,

What kind of integration are you referring to? Do you mean that you would like to have Task types to perform actions against the document management system, like move document, create new version etc? Or do you also mean integration on a UI level?

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi Tijs,

The Integration purpose is pretty straight forward. The user should be able to design the workflow in Flowable and the designed workflow should be usable in Alfresco share interface (In the default way how Alfresco executed workflows). The expected behaviour should be somewhat similar to the job of share-connector.

Regards
Shamran.

Hi Shamran,

This could be something that can be done as a joint effort between community developers and the Flowable Core team. Maybe there’s also interest from some of the Order of the Bee people in this as well.

Best regards,

Tijs

1 Like

Hello guys.
Just to let you know there is someone working on this: https://citeck.com/news/flowable-and-alfresco-integration/

For those organizations that do not want to host and scale both Flowable and an ECM platform, we are testing a Box integration for Flowable as well.