About the Modeler remodeled category

The existing open source modeler app is based on Angular 1 and has not received much love recently because of this. We’re looking for people to get involved in creating a new modeler experience that can be completely unrestricted open source.

At its heart there’s a strong library that can support much of the complex diagramming - based on the Oryx library. We feel that it’s still a good basis for an updated modeler. However, when it comes to a full app experience it means a Javascript framework needs to be selected. In our experience of what frameworks are being used in anger, we’re seeing React as the leader - but we’re open to what the community will jump behind.

As there may be other frameworks people want to use, we suggest a focus on reating a strong reusable core around the Oryx library and model-driven extensions, to minimise framework-specific capabilities.

This category is to help focus any effort towards a new, unrestricted open source modeler.

React is a good option. What is the sort of contribution you are looking for developing the new modeler?

Is this topic ongoing? I would like to contribute if possible.

I would love to see Flowable get its new UI with the latest Angular. I bet a typical Enterprise that uses Flowable would lean more towards Angular than a React or a much younger Vue, both of which carry a lot of Flexibility Risk.

Just my 2 cents. Let’s see what the community is thinking. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi is there any progress/thoughts on this? the opensource modeler seems to be rather unusable, we are patching / proposing patches but seems not a priority. Any active interest in engaging other folks to help on new modeler…?