Upgrading flowable

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade our flowable infrastructure from 6.4.2 to 6.5. Flowable is connected to musql database.
We have some queries before we proceed with the upgrade.

Is upgrading flowable brings in some new tables or deletes some old tables ? Can this lead to data loss ?
Is there some dependency on mysql version or jvm version or tomcat version ?

We have adopted the flowable-default.properties for each flowable war file to our use, i.e. mysql connection, LDAP, etc.
Do we need to perform the configuration and connections again each time we upgrade ?

Regards,
Gaurav.

Hey Gaurav,

The upgrade has some SQL changes. You can have a look at the MySQL 6.4.2 to 6.5.0 upgrade SQL here. And no this can’t lead to data loss. An upgrade should never lead to data loss. In any case you should perform a backup of your database before doing an upgrade.

If you are using the Flowable war files then we are using the Spring Boot versions for MySQL and Tomcat. Which versions are you using?

You should not be adapting the flowable-default.properties. Those are the default properties. You should provide your own application.properties. The Flowable Applications give precedence to the properties in the application.properties.

Cheers,
Filip

We are not planning to upgrade mysql at this point. Though we will change the flowable war files. i.e put the new war files.
We are using TOMCAT 9.0.22 and mysql community server 8.0.7

The link I pointed is for upgrading from Flowable 6.4.2 to Flowable 6.5.0 on MySQL. Not upgrading MySQL.

1 Like

Thank You! I will go though !

Thanks.

I was able to upgrade flowable.

and in the extracted files for flowable under upgrade, there are same commands for creating changes to mysql.

Though that needs to be adopted for SUSE and mysql version.