Upgrade to 6.3.1 from 6.3.0, task id problem

Hi

Thanks for your strong engine.
I used your engine from 6.2.0 to 6.3.0.

When upgrade to 6.3.1, default id generator changes to strong UUID generator. At past default value was db id generator. I know in heavy concurrent environment, new solution work well and do not need database read or keep intermediate caching or reserved block of ids to improve performance.

I use your rest application (flowable-rest.war) in our environment and for some compatibility reason with other application, I need use db id generator.
I change application.properties and flowable-default.properties in WEB-INF/classes with following property
flowable.id-generator=org.flowable.engine.impl.db.DbIdGenerator
but did not work.

How can I change default id generator without changing source code and only by changing property file or JVM option.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Do you have a solution?

Hi,

If you set process engine Id generator in the process engine configuration before process engine instantiation, this custom IdGenerator is used. If you use spring boot you just need to instantiate IdGenerator bean.
org.flowable.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl uses dbIdGenerator as default id generator.
To answer your question: Currently there is no switch to change idGenerator. You have to configure id generator in the engine configuration.

Regards
Martin

Hey,

As Martin said there is no property for doing this switch.

I just need to add one thing to Martins reply

If you use spring boot you just need to instantiate IdGenerator bean

This is only valid on master, i.e. with the next released version.

In order to change the id generator in the current release (6.3.1) one needs to have a custom configuration like in:

@Configuration
public class CustomIdGeneratorConfiguration {

@Bean
    public EngineConfigurationConfigurer<SpringProcessEngineConfiguration> customIdGeneratorConfigurer() {
            return engineConfiguration -> engineConfiguration.setIdGenerator(new DbIdGenerator());
        }
    }