Search for attached documents

How do I search documents that have been attached to a process without opening the processes individually?

There’s nothing in the UI currently, if that’s what you’re asking.

Cheers
Paul.

Exactly. Will there be such a possibility in the future?

Thanks Paul

Quite possibly, but it’s not on the list in the short term at the moment.

Cheers
Paul.

Thanks Paul.

Michael

Hi,

Has anyone developed this feature for searching attached documents in processes?

Thanks

Hi,

Could you elaborate a bit on what kind of search you are looking for exactly?
Are you looking for a Java API to search or something different?

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi @tijs

Using Flowable we are required to go to each processes to be able to consult the documents that have been attached.
I would like to have an alternative that allows to query the documents without having to go to each process.

Best regards,

Hi,

Ok understood. You can use the ContentService createContentItemQuery method that’s part of the Content Engine and can be retrieved through the ContentEngineConfiguration to query on content items. You can query on multiple values, including process instance id.

Best regards,

Tijs

Hi @tijs ,

Thanks for the reply. I will try that.

Best regards

Hi @tijs,

As an admin, I need to be able to see and download attachments that business users uploaded to forms from the UI. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Nathan

Maybe have a look at the flowable-admin application where there is a Content Engine tab…

The attachment can be found in the Content Engine, but not downloaded. I can only see that it is there and the beginning of its contents.

Ok apologies, mine is not actually currently working, throws an exception there, just assumed you would be able to download it in a working version…

nforrester
January 5 |

The attachment can be found in the Content Engine, but not downloaded. I can only see that it is there and the beginning of its contents.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

ruzkant
January 5 |

Maybe have a look at the flowable-admin application where there is a Content Engine tab… [image]
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.