Not-interrupting boundary (timer) events

Hello everyone,
I’m new to Flowable. I’m using flowable-ui to design a simple approval workflow.
I need to run a servicetask, if a usertask is not completed on time, and then return to the same usertask.
I am trying to use a “not-interrupting boundary (timer) events” but I don’t know if this is the right way.

boundary events

In addition after my serviceTask is invoked I get an error because it fails to invoke the configured JavaDelegate but if I invoke the same JavaDelegate before the boundary timer events everything works properly.

Here is the error:
ltAsyncRunnableExecutionExceptionHandler : Job 37548 failed
org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: Unknown property used in expression: ${xxxxxxxxxxxx}
at org.flowable.common.engine.impl.el.JuelExpression.getValue(JuelExpression.java:54) ~[flowable-engine-common-6.7.2.jar:6.7.2]

Thanks in advance

Hello Salvatore, the non interrupting timer boundary event is parrarel (like parallel gateway) to the user task that still active. You have to close this parrarel flow sequence instead of coming back to the user task. This is not the cause of your error, but this is wrong in bpmn2. Hope that help you. Michel

Hi Michel,
thank you for your response. I designed the workflow as recommended.
Anyway, the problem on the invocation of the JavaDelegate service still remains.
Do you have any advice on this?

Thank you very much