Modeler 6.6.0 - Checkboxes do not appear

Hi

I’m trying to use the new version of the applications (using the flowable-ui docker)
In Modeler - in the bottom configuration part - all boolean checkboxes do not appear.

Was working fine in version 6.5.0

I’m not a UI developer - so i have no idea what went wrong
Thanks
Inbal

1 Like

Hey @iadded,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue and will be fixed. There is this pull request for the fix.

Cheers,
Filip

1 Like

Thanks Filip for the update - will be waiting for the fix

Thanks,
Inbal

Dear team,

I also would like to see this important fix available very soon.

cheers,
Kai

Hi Kai,

Is this what you’re looking for…

It’s in the main codebase already.

Cheers
Paul.

1 Like

Hi! What about docker image? Will it be updated for 6.6.x?

Hi,

When a new release is done… there will also be new docker images.

Until then you can build them locally from master (using mvn -Pdocker …)

Regards,

Yvo

1 Like

To be honest, this is quite a problem which definetly prevents me and cliens from upgrading 6.5.0 to 6.6.0. Ten months have passed between the last two releases, and quite frankly I don’t understand why version 6.6.1 is not out already to sort this. I do not plan on building the artifacts on my own.

ETA on the possible patch version would be fine, even if it takes another ten months.

Not calling you out or trying to sound rude, just sharing my viewpoint - patch/fix versions should be released on monthly basis.

1 Like

Hi,

We will definitely do a 6.6.1 release including this fix, but we do this together with other small improvements and fixes. In addition, I hope you also see all the effort that was put in between the 6.5.0 and 6.6.0 release with all the new features that were added.
When the planning for the 6.6.1 release is done we will communicate it on the forum.

Best regards

Yes, of course, the effort is greatly appreciated and noticed, much additions to the OSS version for which I give thanks.

And obviously you won’t do 6.6.1 with only that fix, that’s understandable.

Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

Hi @tijs ,
Is there any tentative release date for 6.6.1 version .

Thanks
Srinivasulu Munagala

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, this bug is pretty much fatal for using Flowable as a BPMN diagramming tool. On the other hand, 6.6.0 has been the default version for 6 months and you would think that even the inconvenience would make this a hotter topic. (And not really a win in terms of first impressions, although that might not be a concern.) Just wondering if, perhaps, the Flowable community normally use other tools to do the actual diagrams?

2 Likes

As an open source project (without telemetry) we would typically be the last to know ;-).
We’ve done some massive refactoring and improvements in the last weeks and it looks like we’re ramping up to a 6.7.0, which will include the fix.

Just FYI (as this forum is meant for Flowable open source), many users use Flowable Design.