Issue:- Wants to rerun a stage based on a trigger given by a user task.
Flow Diagram:- I have provided a sample workflow to demonstrate my issue. Please see the sample below.
I need to perform,
- Case will be created, and stage 1 will be reached.
- On completion of stage1, stage 2 will be activated.
- Stage2 has some timer tasks which will take an hour to complete.
- In between that one hour, if the user changes his mind, he will trigger the stage3 and we need to run stage2 again. (whatever the state of the stage2 -we need to rerun)
- Stage 3 should be available again after the rerun.
I tried using Signal Throwing Intermediate Event but I’m not sure of how to configure the event and its catcher. I went through the public documentation but was unable to find out explanation regarding the configuration
Cancel/suspend the process and start it again using API but I did not find any endpoint to do that.(ref:- [Flowable Open Source REST API Documentation | Flowable Enterprise Documentation])
- Best practice to handle this situation.
- How to configure those in the flowable design?
- And anything to be kept in mind while triggering these things using API.