How to model hierarchy process

I have a model whereby I have an over-arching process that is essentially a sequential set of tasks. The first task is a user input task. The next task is a sub-process. After that sub-process is complete, this process is marked as complete. aka Process 1.

The sub-process should start with a user task. The next task is a sub-process. After that sub-process is complete, this process is marked as complete. This sub-process can be multi instance but must have at least 1 instance. aka Process 1.1.

The sub-process (of the sub-process) should start with a user task and each task in the process is a user task. This sub-process can be multi instance as well. aka Process 1.1.1.

The Process 1 could be returned to the user task for correction but only if [all] Process 1.1 is moved to a state that is “paused.” Likewise, Process 1.1 could be returned to the user task for correction if the Process 1.1.1 [all] is moved to a state that is “paused.”

I’m just not sure how to graph this, especially the multi instance sub-process piece. Is this even supported in Flowable?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Hi,

Multiinstance sub-process is supported. See org.flowable.engine.test.bpmn.multiinstance.MultiInstanceTest#testSequentialSubProcess test in flowable source.

How to model hierarchies: Use documentation and source code jUnit tests to observe examples.

Martin

Martin