How to change form variable with form field?

How to create a field in form that changes the value of a variable already previously entered in another form? How do I edit the value of a form field or how do I assign the value of a variable to a form field?

Hi,

If you use the same form field id this should work automatically I think, let us know if it doesn’t.
The form field id is directly coupled to the process variable name.

Best regards,

Tijs

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked correctly.
How would I assign a field the value / name of the user who started the process? Create in the form a requester field that already has the value of the authenticated user?
Another question is that the Initiator variable contains the value of the act_id_user.id field, how can I get the value of the fields act_id_user.first_, act_id_user.email_, and act_id_group.name_ as variables in the process?

You can get the name values by getting the User instance from the IdentityService. You could do this in a script task, service task or execution listener. Assigning a value for the people should work the same as for other fields, you could assign the user id value to a process variable that is equal to the form field id.

Best regards,

Tijs

1 Like

How to use a variable with list of values and to attribute for a form field of dropdown kind?
What is the shape of the list of data? Do the values have been separated by a comma and between clasps{}?
This list of values will be returned from an external database through a class of execution to listener.

Hi,

That’s not supported right now. So it needs some custom development in the form renderer probably. It shouldn’t be too hard with some Javascript that gets the list of data.

Best regards,

Tijs

I will take a look see what it would take to modify the drop down to take a dynamic list of options. I am assuming the preferred option would be to modify the existing drop down to take a static list or build from some process variable.

Jaimerivera,

I believe the process variable is a good option and I tried it that way, but Flowable was not able to get a list of values as a process variable.

Have you realized it?