Flowable Database Diagram

Is there anyone that has produced a database diagram of the flowable engine? Alternatively, when I spin hub a docker container (https://hub.docker.com/r/flowable/flowable-rest/), is there a way to connect to the built-in Postgres database so that I can generate it myself?

Hi Paul,

For the Postgres route;
The Flowable REST module contains docker compose configurations for starting the REST app with a Postgres database.
For convenience there is a start script; /docker/rest-postgres.sh.
After starting this Postgres is accessible from ‘the outside’.

psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U flowable

password: flowable

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yvo

Thanks. Almost worked. Given that I already have a Postgres instance running on my workstation, and get a port conflict, any way to have the script use a different port? Do I edit the app.yml or postgres.yml files? (Not a docker compose expert…)

Hi Paul.

That depends on what start script / docker configuration you’re using.
If you’re using /docker/rest-progres.sh then the docker compose config /modules/flowable-app-rest/src/main/docker/app.yml is used. (first line of the rest_progress.sh script)

In /modules/flowable-app-rest/src/main/docker/app.yml 2 services are being defined; flowable-rest-app and flowable-rest-db.
The flowable-rest-db service uses the configuration defined in the postgres.yml. Here you can change the port mapping of the to the host exposed port. Let’s change the external port from 5432 to 5433.

ports:
        - 5433:5432

(The postgres image that is used exposes port 5432 which is only available to linked services. This does not have to be changed)

After starting /docker/rest-progres.sh postgres should be available to external tools on port 5433.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yvo