Flowable 7.0.0 is not autodeploying BPMNs

I am trying to upgrade to Spring Boot 3.1.3 and Java 17 and Flowable 7.0.0. When I build the application and look in the target folder I don’t see the BPMN under /classes.

In the logs I see this:
o.f.s.b.ProcessEngineAutoConfiguration : No deployment resources were found for autodeployment

Is this a bug or I am missing something. I can see the BPMN in the target folder with previous version 6.8.0. Thank you.

@filiphr Can you please assist here. This is a blocker for me and I can’t move forward. Thank you.

I can’t even deploy it manually. I get this error:

2023-11-10T12:55:49.089-07:00 INFO 46563 — [nio-8082-exec-4] c.c.web.rest.controller.AdminResource : Going to deploy new process definition NDWUserRecertificationProcess with extension processes/NDWUserRecertificationProcess.bpmn20.xml
2023-11-10T12:55:49.104-07:00 ERROR 46563 — [nio-8082-exec-4] c.c.web.rest.controller.AdminResource : Error deploying process definition resource ‘processes/NDWUserRecertificationProcess.bpmn20.xml’ not found
2023-11-10T12:55:49.105-07:00 ERROR 46563 — [nio-8082-exec-4] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[/].[dispatcherServlet] : Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path threw exception [Request processing failed: com.comcast.exceptions.FlowableApiError: resource ‘processes/NDWUserRecertificationProcess.bpmn20.xml’ not found] with root cause

com.comcast.exceptions.FlowableApiError: resource ‘processes/NDWUserRecertificationProcess.bpmn20.xml’ not found

@Autowired
private ProcessEngine processEngine;

var repositoryService = processEngine.getRepositoryService();
String nameWithExt = "processes/" + xmlName + ".bpmn20.xml";
Deployment deployment = repositoryService.createDeployment().addClasspathResource(nameWithExt).deploy();

That sounds like a Maven problem rather than a Flowable one. Flowable has no impact into how your project gets compiled.

Can you share a minimal project setup with us, so we can try it on our side?

No need to ping anyone directly. This is a community forum, anyone in the community can help.

Thank you so much for your response. I re-generated the spring boot application and it came with application.properties. I left it the way it was and it was able to autodeploy the BPMN. In the pom I wanted to use application.yml and that was causing the issue.

I was doing this:

<build>
        <defaultGoal>spring-boot:run</defaultGoal>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
				<artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
                **<includes>**
**                    <include>application.yml</include>**
**                </includes>**
            </resource>
        </resources>
	</build>

Removing the “includes” section fixed the issue. Thank you again. The ticket can be closed.

Happy to hear it worked.

This is a community forum, not much can be closed here :wink: