Database Exception : Could not update Flowable database schema: unknown version from database: '6.5.1.1'

please help me to solve this issue when runing flowable-idm app

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘bootstrapper’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field ‘identityService’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘idmIdentityService’ defined in class path resource [org/flowable/spring/boot/idm/IdmEngineServicesAutoConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method ‘idmIdentityService’ parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘idmEngine’: FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: Could not update Flowable database schema: unknown version from database: ‘6.5.1.1’

Check and make sure the flowable jar is same version as the database. If the database was upgraded to 6.5.1.1 and you trying to run version 6.5.0 that might cause this issue.

1 Like

thanks for replying @tjmac

Do I need to check versions from flowable act.ge.proprety table?

mysql-connector-java: v: 8.0.17 and I had downloaded flowable-engine v6

Usually it happens when you downgrade flowable.

Martin

How to downgrade flowable from 6.6.0 to 6.5.0 . Do we need to manually remove DB tables?

Hey @Ram,

We don’t have a mechanism for downgrading Flowable DB changes. You’ll have to manually do that.

Cheers,
Filip