Call activity as embedded subprocess

Since our BPM’s got a a bit bigger and messy. We refactored it.
Created new module processes and they are now getting called via Call activity.

But this will give new process instance id for the called subprocess. Is there a way to call these small processes like a embedded subprocess so that the process instance ID will be that of the parent process.

Hi,

Process instance id must be unique, but there is a way how to get parent/super/root execution from the process instance

/**
     * Gets the id of the parent of this execution. If null, the execution represents a process-instance.
     */
    String getParentId();

/**
     * Gets the id of the super execution of this execution.
     */
    String getSuperExecutionId();

/**
     * Id of the root of the execution tree representing the process instance that has no super execution.
     */
    String getRootProcessInstanceId();

Regards
Martin

1 Like

Hi @martin.grofcik thank you for the response.
This is possible for me . But I have to make the call activity process work like an embedded subprocess. There are some other functionalities written already which demands it that way.

No, a call activity will always create a process instance with a new id. The only way around that would be overriding the CallActivityBehaviour … but then other things will not work as it’s not pointing to a a unique process instance.

1 Like

@joram in some other bpm engines I have worked with we can run another process as an embedded sub process. This will help you reuse the processes and users can also decide to run the process as an embedded subrpocess.

Yes, agreed. (forgive me the plug: the commercial modelling tool of Flowable does support this)

1 Like