Why Execution Id of Start Event different in ACT_RU_EXECUTION and ACT_HI_ACTINST?

Hi,

I just noticed that execution Id (which i thinks is the ID_ value in ACT_RU_EXECUTION ) changed for start event in ACT_HI_ACTINST. Can someone plz explain me this? I have attached the photos.

EXECUTION(CROP)

ACTINST(CROP)

Here the ID_ value in ACT_RU_EXECUTION for startEvent1 was “24211” but then it changed to “248214”(that is actually the ID_ value of step1 task) in ACT_HI_ACTINST.

Also can someone explain me or point me in right direction(link to some doc or answer) about execution Id concept. Like i noticed that of task are in straight line(or in other words executing sequentially) they all have same EXECUTION_ID_ and if we use branching then one of the branch has same EXECUTION_ID as the original path, but all other paths have new EXECUTION_ID_'s .

Edit 1 : Also, why is startEvent1 showing up in ACT_RU_EXECUTION while it has an endTime in ACT_HI_ACTINST.

Edit 2 : Got It!!! Got little confused with the START_ACT_ID_ column and ACT_ID_COLUMN in ACT_RU_EXECUTION table.

Thanks,
Arpit