PUT DELETE method get "not supported" when using -api rest

I just follow filiphr’s tutorial https://blog.flowable.org/2018/12/19/building-your-own-flowable-spring-boot-application/ using exactly same security configuration.

After running the Spring Boot project and testing flowable-rest api, I found the GET POST method working fine while PUT and DELETE method such as "PUT repository/process-definitions/{processDefinitionId} " got “org.springframework.web.HttpRequestMethodNotSupportedException: Request method ‘DELETE’ not supported”

can any one gives me a clue? In filiphr’s example the csrf is disabled, whether this is about embedded tomcat configuration? I have no idea

I am using “flowfest-rest” user with privilege “ROLE_REST” just follow the example

I comment spring-security in pom and the rest-api are now avaliable. But still confused why the security configuration in the tutorial disabled PUT and DELETE method

Hey @hmsypzou,

The security configuration in the tutorial is not disabling PUT and DELETE. The reason why you are getting that exception is because there is no PUT and DELETE methods for that endpoint (repository/process-definitions/{processDefinitionId}).

The exception

org.springframework.web.HttpRequestMethodNotSupportedException: Request method ‘DELETE’ not supported

does not come from spring-security, but from spring-web.

Cheers,
Filip

1 Like