Programmatic error: no parent scope execution found for boundary event

Hi,
I have migrated from activiti (5.18.0) to flowable (6.1.2). The process definition also has changed a bit. We have added some boundary timer event to the user tasks. I am facing the below error

org.flowable.engine.common.api.FlowableException: Programmatic error: no parent scope execution found for boundary event
at org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.BoundaryEventActivityBehavior.executeNonInterruptingBehavior(BoundaryEventActivityBehavior.java:129)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.BoundaryEventActivityBehavior.trigger(BoundaryEventActivityBehavior.java:58)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.TriggerExecutionOperation.run(TriggerExecutionOperation.java:53)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperation(CommandInvoker.java:86)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperations(CommandInvoker.java:70)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:54)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.BpmnOverrideContextInterceptor.execute(BpmnOverrideContextInterceptor.java:25)
at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.TransactionContextInterceptor.execute(TransactionContextInterceptor.java:50)
at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:68)
at org.flowable.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:47)
at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:133)
at org.flowable.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:45)
at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:29)
at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:56)
at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:51)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.asyncexecutor.ExecuteAsyncRunnable.executeJob(ExecuteAsyncRunnable.java:121)
at org.flowable.engine.impl.asyncexecutor.ExecuteAsyncRunnable.run(ExecuteAsyncRunnable.java:91)

Please help me in solving this issue. What needs to be done for a smooth migration?

Did you add the flowable 5 compatibility jars? Old process definitions should run against the embedded v5 engine, not against 6.

Hi,
I have added the flowable 5 migration jars. I have migrated the old process instances using SetProcessDefinitionVersionCmd to the latest process definition. As a result they aren’t marked as v5 and run against v6 engine. How do I make them run against the V5 engine ?

I have also been facing this issue. Not sure how to go about it.

I had the same problem ,how to solve it?
My version is 6.4.2