Http Task ignoreException

Problem:
I can’t seem to use task.errorMessage from the http task in an email task.
What I have found so far:
I am using flowable 6.2.1 and perhaps I just need to upgrade.
I found a github issue discussing a bug where you can’t access Task.responseStatusCode. I wonder if
task.errorMessage has the same problem?
Reference:
https://github.com/flowable/flowable-engine/issues/937

Perhaps I am using it incorrectly? Here is the current setup:
You can see the ID in the image above.

I am then trying to reference the error below in the email task:

I checked the admin dead jobs and found the following:

org.flowable.engine.common.api.FlowableException: Unknown property used in expression: error:

${jkTestHttpTaskId1.errorMessage}

at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.el.JuelExpression.getValue(JuelExpression.java:50) at org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.MailActivityBehavior.getStringFromField(MailActivityBehavior.java:331) at org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.MailActivityBehavior.execute(MailActivityBehavior.java:81) at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.executeActivityBehavior(ContinueProcessOperation.java:256) at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.executeSynchronous(ContinueProcessOperation.java:154) at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.continueThroughFlowNode(ContinueProcessOperation.java:111) at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.run(ContinueProcessOperation.java:75) at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperation(CommandInvoker.java:88) at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperations(CommandInvoker.java:72) at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:56) at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.BpmnOverrideContextInterceptor.execute(BpmnOverrideContextInterceptor.java:25) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.TransactionContextInterceptor.execute(TransactionContextInterceptor.java:53) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:72) at org.flowable.idm.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:49) at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:133) at org.flowable.idm.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:46) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:30) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:56) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:51) at org.flowable.job.service.impl.asyncexecutor.ExecuteAsyncRunnable.executeJob(ExecuteAsyncRunnable.java:125) at org.flowable.job.service.impl.asyncexecutor.ExecuteAsyncRunnable.run(ExecuteAsyncRunnable.java:112) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: org.flowable.engine.common.impl.javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Cannot resolve identifier 'jkTestHttpTaskId1' at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.tree.impl.ast.AstIdentifier.eval(AstIdentifier.java:97) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.tree.impl.ast.AstProperty.eval(AstProperty.java:68) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.tree.impl.ast.AstEval.eval(AstEval.java:53) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.tree.impl.ast.AstComposite.eval(AstComposite.java:34) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.tree.impl.ast.AstNode.getValue(AstNode.java:31) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.de.odysseus.el.TreeValueExpression.getValue(TreeValueExpression.java:122) at org.flowable.engine.impl.delegate.invocation.ExpressionGetInvocation.invoke(ExpressionGetInvocation.java:34) at org.flowable.engine.impl.delegate.invocation.DelegateInvocation.proceed(DelegateInvocation.java:35) at org.flowable.engine.impl.delegate.invocation.DefaultDelegateInterceptor.handleInvocation(DefaultDelegateInterceptor.java:26) at org.flowable.engine.impl.el.JuelExpression.resolveGetValueExpression(JuelExpression.java:44) at org.flowable.engine.common.impl.el.JuelExpression.getValue(JuelExpression.java:48) ... 23 more

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!

To anyone having this error, I upgraded flowable and now have access to the error message variable as well as others. Dot notation was removed in 6.3.1 and now everything works. now instead of task1.errorMessage, you can access the variable as task1ErrorMessage.

1 Like