Getting mutually exclusive approvals from different persons in a group

Hi, I need to know if there is some way in flowable through which I can get mutually exclusive approvals from different members of a group.

Exact use case is:
I have a task in my group, A user claims it but he cannot complete the task until a number of users out of all users in that group have not approved it.

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand the use case - I may be being dim :wink:

Playing back what you’re saying, I understand: a task is assigned to a group and one person claims is (making them the assignee and the other members of the group unasscoated with it). However, that user cannot complete that task until a given number of the other group members also approve it. Let me know if this interpretation is wrong!

Is the person that claims it first anything special, or just it needs anyone from the group to kick things off and then enough of the group have to also approve for it to pass?

Perhaps you can give more explanation of the scenario you’re trying to solve.

Cheers
Paul.

1 Like

Hi,

You interpreted correctly. (atleast n out of m members of group need to approve the same task).
There is nothing special about the person who claims it. The use case requires that atleast there are n user approvals, so that we can go ahead with the process without any worries.

Regards,
Varun.

Hi,

And it’s important that the task is assigned to a candidate group and claimed?

You could use a parallel multi-instance task assigned to each group member, with a MI condition that tests enough approved it, but that doesn’t have the “Claim” step. There’s a bit of work around this to get it working, but just wanting to check the actual needs.

Cheers
Paul.

1 Like