Get 503 error after changing the admin password

First, I build flowable in kubernetes using helm.
Helm chart for flowable

helm repo add flowable-oss https://flowable.github.io/helm/

helm install my-flowable flowable-oss/flowable --version 6.7.3-snapshot.4 \
    --create-namespace --namespace=flowable \
    --set ui.enabled=true \
    --set ui.ingressPath=/flowable-ui \
    --set rest.enabled=true \
    --set rest.ingressPath=/flowable-rest \
    --set postgres.enabled=true \
    --set host.external=<cluster external hostname> --set ingress.useHost=true \
    --set postgres.storage.storageClassName=default

Then, I logged in to flowable-ui with ‘admin/test’ and changed the password of admin.Get 503 error after refreshing the page again. :dizzy_face:

By checking the template file of the helm chart of flowable-ui.

I think that when the container’s self-detection, the basic authentication is still using the initial password, which causes the container’s self-detection to be abnormal and the container keeps restarting.

So I had to reset the password of admin to ‘test’, or modify the value of ui.admin.password through helm upgrade

helm upgrade my-flowable flowable-oss/flowable \
    --create-namespace --namespace=flowable \
    --set ui.enabled=true \
    --set ui.ingressPath=/flowable-ui \
    --set ui.admin.username=admin \
    --set ui.admin.password=<password after modified> \
    --set rest.enabled=true \
    --set rest.ingressPath=/flowable-rest \
    --set postgres.enabled=true \
    --set host.external=<cluster external hostname> --set ingress.useHost=true \
    --set postgres.storage.storageClassName=default

But isn’t that strange? I just changed the password of admin, which directly caused flowable-ui service to crash. And I can’t set admin to the status that the password cannot be changed.
So how to automatically obtain the current admin password to pass basic authentication during the container’s self-detection?

Thanks! :smiley:

Hi,

As you already figured out there is no ‘automatic way to obtain the admin password’ other than configuring it via values.
If you change the password in the UI (or even after the initial bootup) you must update the corresponding value.
You could add a more fine grained security configuration so that the probe endpoints don’t require authentication. This would eliminate this issue.

Regards,

Yvo

1 Like