Flowable retry count - Flowable engine

Hi,

I am using Flowable 6.5.0 and have created a spring boot application. I have set the DB and am able to run my flowable app correctly. I have created a service task with asyn as true. I have a requirement where i need to retry a task n number of times and raise an BPMN error for the nth time. Could you please let me know how i can get the retry count for a service task. if i can get the retry count, then i can check this in the catch block and when the time is reached, i can throw an BPMN error.

Thanks
Karthik

See:

Thank you @Robinyo . I had a look at these and implemented the retry mechanism but when the retry is triggered, i get an exception saying "FlowableException:unknown property used in expression ${instance of Service Task class name}. I have attached screenshot of my bpmn.Capture

I am unclear on the flowable exception as my retry is working now… Is there anything wrong in my approach.?

@Robinyo, @filiphr

Could you please give any pointers on the above issue.

Thanks
Karthik

@Robinyo , @filiphr

I debugged the issue and could see what is happening. I have my spring boot application with flowable dependency added to it. I also have downloaded all the 5 flowable wars and deployed to a standalone tomcat container. The spring boot and wars point to the same database. When i do the testing in spring boot application and if the flowable wars are task / rest wars are up and running, then flowable task/rest throws the below error

Unknown property used in expression: ${classname}.

if i shutdown the standalone tomcat where i have deployed the 5 wars, then the retry mechanism works as expected. Could you please point me to the right direction on this as am kind of struck on this issue.

Thanks
Karthik

I was able to resolve the issue on debugging it further. I had to set the flowable.async-executor-activate = false in flowable-task.war so that the process engine doesn’t pick the task and allows my spring boot app to handle it.

Thanks
Karthik