Exit execution of process when Null pointer occurs

I have a number of processes loaded into the engine, when I add a serialized object into the processVariables map and start execution,
I’m running into an issue where some of the processes attempt to access fields inside the object which are null, throwing a null pointer exception.
At this point, the entire execution stops…
Is there a way to continue executing other processes?

When an NPE happens, this exception will bubble up and will make the transaction rollback.
How are those fields accessed? From a service task? If so, can’t the service task be changed?

Note that serialized objects are not a best practice - JDK updates have screwed up deserialisation in the past.

Sorry for the late response.
The fields are accessed in the condition expression for each sequenceFlow:
<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression"><![CDATA[${serializedObject.property == "String"}]]></conditionExpression>
for the example above, if the expression evaluates to true then proceed… usually ending with a call to a ServiceTask that then hands control back to a JavaDelegate and performs some type of change in the app.

The engine is called like this:

Map<String, Object> processVariables = new HashMap<String, Object>();
processVariables.put("serializedObject", serializedObject);
processEngine.getRuntimeService().signalEventReceived(messageName, processVariables);

From here I guess what I’m saying is if there are multiple processes active in the engine, shown by:
processEngine.getRepositoryService().createProcessDefinitionQuery().latestVersion()
and the check performed in the sequence above fails because the property does not exist in the serialized object… is there a way to allow the other deployed processes to continue their execution of similar style checks against other properties and call other Java Delegates?