exclusiveGateway Delay

Hi,

This is a long shot but I thought I would ask the question anyway. I have a BPMN process which calls a sub-process and then depending on a variable which is set on startup, will take one of two paths out of an exclusive gateway. Normally this works just fine but the other day we experiences a delay of about an hour before the process finished. My assumption was that one of the service tasks took a long time but after reviewing the ACT_HI_ACTINST table to see the start times and durations it turned out to be the exclusiveGateway that took forever to start.

This BPMN is called from a parent CMMN model and I’m sure there are all kinds of other variables that could influence the execution of the process but I’m wondering if there is anywhere else I could look that might provide insight into why the gateway took so long to start?

One other variable which I noticed is the gateway itself in the model has been marked as Exclusive and Asynchronous which in general gateways are not. I believe this was done because we had been running into optimistic lock exceptions from the first service task.

Just looking for some possible insight.

Thanks,
Dan

p.s. I’m using Flowable 6.7.2