Error starting a new process instance

I download the 6.3.1 zip from homepage, run the the apps in tomcat ,
when I start a process , throws a Error like this:

Error updating database. Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column ‘START_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’

The error may involve org.flowable.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntityImpl.insertExecution-Inline

The error occurred while setting parameters

SQL: insert into ACT_RU_EXECUTION (ID_, REV_, PROC_INST_ID_, BUSINESS_KEY_, PROC_DEF_ID_, ACT_ID_, IS_ACTIVE_, IS_CONCURRENT_, IS_SCOPE_,IS_EVENT_SCOPE_, IS_MI_ROOT_, PARENT_ID_, SUPER_EXEC_, ROOT_PROC_INST_ID_, SUSPENSION_STATE_, TENANT_ID_, NAME_, START_ACT_ID_, START_TIME_, START_USER_ID_, IS_COUNT_ENABLED_, EVT_SUBSCR_COUNT_, TASK_COUNT_, JOB_COUNT_, TIMER_JOB_COUNT_, SUSP_JOB_COUNT_, DEADLETTER_JOB_COUNT_, VAR_COUNT_, ID_LINK_COUNT_, CALLBACK_ID_, CALLBACK_TYPE_) values ( ?, 1, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )

Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column ‘START_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’]

Hi,

Are you using an existing database?
Did you start the Task app using a different databaseSchemaUpdate value?

Best regards,

Tijs

Thank you for your reply!

I used the “\flowable-6.3.1\database\create\all\flowable.mysql.all.create.sql” SQL script in the zip file that I downloaded from home page.

Thanks for your reply. Ok that could explain the error. The script might not be fully complete then. The easiest way to setup the Flowable database schema is to let the Engines itself define the schema. Is that something that you could try as well? Or do you need to define the database schema manually?

Best regards,

Tijs