Duplicate Active User Task Issue

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a bug in my client’s production environment, in summary we are getting duplicate key value violates unique constraint “act-ru-actinst_pkey” which showed me that there is 2 active tasks running and assigned to the same user here is the exception from flowable engine (Version 6.7.1) :\

I tried to complete one of the tasks using flowable-gui but I get the same error but in the flowable-gui deployment. I noticed that this duplications happens randomly after a mail task and I have many mail tasks in this model, I tried to reproduce this duplication but no success. I thought it could be after a mail sending failure but no success.

Note: I cannot access production environment only backend logs, and I couldn’t reproduce this bug. this client is really sensitive about his data

Ask me for any further specifications and I appreciate any advice or assistance you can provide. Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Likes

Hello Have you managed to resolve the issue?
I’m having the same behavior and it happens randomly I can’t figure out the exact scenario.

1 Like

Hi @hberrayana, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. But throughout my attempts trying to recreate the scenario, I had some doubt about having multiple backend instances that run flowable engine, as well as asynchronous activities too. Because some time ago I was testing asynchronous service tasks, I kept getting duplicate User Tasks.

Note : Asynchronous tasks are set to the database de be handled later with the first available instance connected to the flowable database.

I Have been getting this error this past few days [UserTask should not be signalled before complete] any ideas ?