Decision Task not working

Hello,

I’m trying to use the Decision Task in my proccess but it throws me this error

No decision table reference key is defined on the dmn activity

This are the fields I completed when I created the proccess:

I referenced the decision table with the checkbox.

Why am I having the error?

Thanks,
Joaquin

Hi Joaquin.

It seems you’ve found a bug in the process validator in the modeler.
This does not affect the deployment or execution of the process, but should be fixed of course.

Could you create an issue for it on GitHub?

Thanks.

Yvo

Thank you. You are right, I can deploy the app but it throws the following error.

12:55:20,726 [http-nio-8228-exec-88] WARN org.flowable.image.impl.DefaultProces
sDiagramCanvas - Could not load image for process diagram creation: Can’t create cache file!
12:55:20,728 [http-nio-8228-exec-88] WARN org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.deploye
r.ProcessDefinitionDiagramHelper - Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository
r.ProcessDefinitionDiagramHelper - Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository
java.lang.NullPointerException

Is it possible that it is related with this bug? Or is it a different thing? The app is working correctly.

Joaquin

Hi,
I am trying to deploy app ( bpmn & dmn) using deployment & dmndeployment api referring its parentId. Still i get error.

org.flowable.common.engine.api.FlowableException: DMN decision table with key proposalDecisiontable execution failed. Cause: Decision table for key [proposalDecisiontable] was not found
at org.flowable.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.DmnActivityBehavior.execute(DmnActivityBehavior.java:115) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.executeActivityBehavior(ContinueProcessOperation.java:264) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.executeSynchronous(ContinueProcessOperation.java:158) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.continueThroughFlowNode(ContinueProcessOperation.java:113) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.continueThroughSequenceFlow(ContinueProcessOperation.java:312) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.agenda.ContinueProcessOperation.run(ContinueProcessOperation.java:79) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperation(CommandInvoker.java:88) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]
at org.flowable.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperations(CommandInvoker.java:72) ~[flowable-engine-6.4.1.jar:6.4.1]

Please help asap.

Hi,

When you have an app why don’t you deploy it on the App Engine?

Regards,

Yvo

i need to do BPMN/DMN deployment from remote path in flowable. I have created springboot application and trying to deploy it from there.

String filePath = “D:\bpmdeploy\newmodelapp.bar”;
ZipInputStream inputStream = new ZipInputStream(new FileInputStream(filePath));

Deployment deployment = repositoryServiceImpl.createDeployment().enableDuplicateFiltering().disableBpmnValidation()
			.addZipInputStream(inputStream).name("newmodel").deploy();

DmnDeployment dmnDeployment = dmnRepositoryService.createDeployment().enableDuplicateFiltering()
			.name("myDecisiontable").disableSchemaValidation().addInputStream("proposalDecisiontable", inputStream).tenantId("mytenantId")
			.parentDeploymentId(deployment.getId()).deploy();

Hi.

But why not do it like this;

String filePath = "D:\bpmdeploy\newmodelapp.bar";
        ZipInputStream inputStream = new ZipInputStream(new FileInputStream(filePath));
        appRepositoryService.createDeployment().addZipInputStream(inputStream).deploy();

Yvo

Hey,

thanks a lot. it worked for me. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Regards,
Soumya