DB2 bulkInsertResource SqlSyntaxErrorException

When starting up my spring-boot containing a .bpmn20.xml and a .dmn file.
flowable wants to insert data in the flowable tables using

pseudo:
insert into TABLE columns (X,Y) values (1,2), (3,4), …

Using DB2 database I get this error: (I guess DB2 z/OS does not support this type of bulk insert syntax)

Is there a config or something I can add to force it to do this differently?

org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.PersistenceException:

Error updating database. Cause: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: ILLEGAL SYMBOL “,”. SOME SYMBOLS THAT MIGHT BE LEGAL ARE: FOR NOT ATOMIC. SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, DRIVER=4.22.29

The error may exist in org/flowable/db/mapping/entity/Resource.xml

The error may involve org.flowable.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ResourceEntityImpl.bulkInsertResource-Inline

The error occurred while setting parameters

SQL: INSERT INTO ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY(ID_, REV_, NAME_, BYTES_, DEPLOYMENT_ID_, GENERATED_) VALUES (?, 1, ?, ?, ?, ?) , (?, 1, ?, ?, ?, ?)

Cause: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: ILLEGAL SYMBOL “,”. SOME SYMBOLS THAT MIGHT BE LEGAL ARE: FOR NOT ATOMIC. SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, DRIVER=4.22.29

It appears that you are using DB2 on z/OS which per this post indicates it is not really supported as there is not an environment to test it in.

My memory tells me that DB2 is different on different operating systems with z/OS as the main outlier.

This post indicates that the z/OS version doesn’t support the value-list format that Flowable uses for bulk inserts which is supported on Linux and Windows for example.

You can disable bulk insert by setting setBulkInsertEnabled(false) on your process engine config.