Beginner with BPM

Hi Everyone, beginner with BPM here. Just curious, if I have below registration process that needs to go to various back end system automatically, it is suitable to use Flowable BPM engine.

1. the first step: update to CRM system (through REST web service). If the update to CRM system for somehow fail, this process needs to be automatically retried for 3 times, and if the retry reach maximum, the process will stop here, and at the same time will send out email, so that person in charge will be able to do a manual intervention by resubmit the process
    2.the second step: update one of the legacy system (through SOAP web service). If the update to the legacy system for somehow fail, this process needs to be automatically retried for 3 times. If retried reach maximum, same as the first step, the process will stop here, and at the same time will send out email so that the person in charge will be able to do a manual intervention by resubmit the process of the second step

Appreciate for any advise and thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes.

I do not know what exactly are you asking for. You can consider to use asynchronous execution too.

Regards
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply and information. I will try to go into the user guide and test it out.
One more question, does Flowable support asynchronous service invocations? Something like describe in this link: https://blog.camunda.org/post/2013/11/bpmn-service-synchronous-asynchronous/. Thanks.

does Flowable support asynchronous service invocations?

Yes
How? → In the same way as camunda. (Both engines are based on the same principles)

Regards
Martin