Audit Logs Entries in act_evt_log table

Hi,

We have noticed that default listeners of flowable do entries in act_evt_logs during routing of instance from one queue to another queue even though we do not change any variables value.

can we stop this behaviour because we do have 130 variables enrties for each instance and need to migrate more than 3 million records and due to that this log table size increaing drastically which is causing database performnce issues in record fetch?

After migrating 100k records, my act_evt_log table size is more than 40GB which is definitely causing issues in future data migration as well.

If any one faces same kind of issues and resolved the same, please share ideas or resolution on this.

Thanks

Hey @nparmar081,

In order for that table to be populated you have to explicitly enable it by setting the enableDatabaseEventLogging flag to true. By default this is set to false. Have you enabled this on your own by any chance?

Cheers,
Filip

Thanks @filiphr for response.

No, have not enabled any logging in database but we have listener enabled which is doing this entries.

But concern is that it should not do Inserts all the time in act_evt_log table, and should check the difference in old and new values and then inserts making sense for changes as a audit part.

In huge no of instances, this will drag database memory drastically which is not good.

Thanks

Hey @nparmar081,

For this we would need some changes in the FlowableVariableEvent, i.e. provide a new FlowableVariableUpdateEvent extending from FlowableVariableEvent that would expose the old value.

Are you interested in providing a PR with this functionality?

Cheers,
Filip

Hey @filiphr

Somehow I managed using comments on code on EventLogger Listener which was inserting the data so I am good there.

Thanks