Adhoc task fails to deploy

Following Tijs’s blog post “Flowable 6 adds ad-hoc sub process support”, I modelled the same process in Flowable Modeler (6.2.0-SNAPSHOT). However, when I try to publish the process, app deployment fails with this root exception:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 137; cvc-complex-type.2.4.d: Invalid content was found starting with element 'userTask'. No child element is expected at this point.
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.StAXValidatorHelper$StreamHelper.validate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.StAXValidatorHelper.validate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.ValidatorImpl.validate(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.validation.Validator.validate(Validator.java:124)
    at org.flowable.bpmn.converter.BpmnXMLConverter.validateModel(BpmnXMLConverter.java:222)
    at org.flowable.bpmn.converter.BpmnXMLConverter.convertToBpmnModel(BpmnXMLConverter.java:266)
    ... 95 more

The process does validate correctly when I press the Validate button the modeller. Am I overlooking something?

I’ve tried it here with with the current master too, but I can deploy it without problems when I try to deploy it from a unit test or when I publish an app with the process model. Can you post your bpmn20.xml?

I couldn’t locate the original model so rebuilt it and this time it published without a hitch. Inverse Murphy’s law. What is odd is that in the Admin App, if I click “Show process diagram”, it displays only the Start Event.

lol. But good that you haven’t been able to reproduce :wink:

Could be the js renderer hasn’t got support for the adhoc subprocess yet …